We are half way through the first month of our new academic year, so it is high time I asked you about your New Year's Resolutions: any plans, promises, vows or undertakings?
Losing weight, giving up smoking, attending all the lectures, learning to cook?
Maybe the following declaration is not that bad after all?

Easier said than done, huh? The situation is not hopeless, though. They say that Donald Tusk is not very gifted: "his English is shaky, his French nonexistent," but he tries hard.
Let us organize a think tank: we can have a common bank of useful ideas of how to "polish our Englishes" (BTW: did you know that you may actually use the word English in plural?}
Here is my contrubition to this bank: I shall write my blog more regularly. This would facilitate my writing in general and set a good example for you, my ROM-bloggers!
Hello,
ReplyDeleteDefinitely, I will polish my English during this new academic year. That's the plan. Furthermore, I will have much more undertakings than last year and more vows. Beside academic promises like learning well, writing thesis master, I have also my job challenges like keep on and teaching not one group like last year but three groups of teenagers and children. My personal plans? I do not smoke so it's easier ;) but loosing weight... why not? There is just a one problem, I love to eat too much. But I hope to be still in sport like I was in the summer.
I would also appreciate my spare time and my closest. And after all of this, I will try to have fun more often and relax. :)
Of course, it's easier said than done but we must try. There is a hope. Especially if you will post more often.
For now, I have work and academic English classes so I hope to improve a bit.
Thank you for setting the example and Best regards!
Dominika