Sunday, October 20, 2013

Wake up! It's blogging time.

Can you recognize the picture? If not, refresh your memory and listen to this very popular song.

 (…) So wake me up when it's all over
When I'm wiser and I'm older
All this time I was finding myself and I
Didn't know I was lost (…)
Folk wisdom says growing up is hard.  Intellectual hibernation, developmental frustration, digital fascination, secondary illiteracy - you have heard such accusations before, haven’t you? And you must be fed up with them. Teenagers and young adults often feel like fast-forwarding, or maybe, as in the lyrics of the song by Avicii, “sleeping through” their youth because getting mature is an agonizing experience. Is that true for you? Or maybe you do not think it’s painful at all and you thoroughly enjoy the time of fruitful disobedience, YOLO approach and dreams of what is yet to come. Tell me what you think, Rom-Bloggers!

1 comment:

  1. I've been meditating on that subject quite a lot recently, actually. This month I turned 25, so that was quite a milestone, you get to wonder on the blurred line between adulthood and teenage years. Actually, physical aspect aside, I do think they are both a state of mind - some people never get to be(have) like adults, whereas others miss out a very important part of their lives by jumping straight into being all serious and "adult" right after their childhood years are over. Curious thing is, they are more likely to behave childish in their 30s and 40s, ha ha ha :D

    No, seriously, what does that MEAN to be a teenager? I mean, socially and mentally? Aren't we prone to label people and thus misjudging them based on their age and what we THINK that category represents? That "YOLO" attitude can be observed in all age groups, actually. All that differs teenagers from the other age groups is gadgets and technology allowing them to express and share their opinion with the rest of the world. What do you think, world??

    ReplyDelete